I was also recently turned on to bucatini pasta. It is very similar to spaghetti but a little heartier. One of my favorite recipes for bucatini and pancetta is Bucatini All’Amatriciana, but I’ll write about that another day.
I recently came across this very simple recipe that can be made in 20 minutes or less depending on how you like to cook your pasta. Personally I prefer my pasta al dente. The hint of lemon in the cream sauce combined with the saltiness of the pancetta and parmesan cheese makes for a deliciously light meal that can be made in minutes that will surely impress any dinner guest. Next time I make this recipe I might even try substituting the pancetta with another of my favorite Italian cured meats, prosciutto di Parma. Enjoy!
|Bucatini & Pancetta with Lemon Cream Sauce|
- 8 oz dry bucatini
- 1 pkg. (128g) “cube-etti” pancetta
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 Tbsp. minced lemon zest, divided
- ½ tsp. grated nutmeg
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- Cook bucatini in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions, drain
- In a large pan sauté pancetta in butter over medium heat until slightly crisp. When finished set pancetta aside in a bowl lined with a paper towel. Add broth, cream, lemon juice, 1 Tbsp of zest and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat
- Add bucatini, pancetta and Parmesan cheese to sauce then combine
- Garnish each serving with remaining lemon zest and parsley.